GEE concessions

The NSW Government has a number of concessions that are available for eligible residential energy customers. These can be found on the government website at www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.au

Low Income Household Rebate

The Low Income Household Rebate is aimed at providing residential customers with assistance in paying their electricity bills. Customers need to hold one of the below concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card from the Department of Human Services (formerly Centrelink) or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs; or
  • A Health Care Card from the Department of Human Services (formerly Centrelink); or
  • Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs marked with:
    • Totally and Permanently Incapacitated or
    • Disability Pension or
    • War Widow or War Widower Pension

To be eligible for the Low Income Household Rebate you also need to:

  • be a NSW resident,
  • be a customer of an electricity retailer, a resident of a retirement village, a long term resident of a caravan or mobile home park; and
  • your name must be on the electricity account for supply to your principal place of residence.

For more information about the Low Income Household Rebate, please visit https://energysaver.nsw.gov.au/households/rebates-and-discounts

Life Support Rebate

The Life Support Rebate is designed to provide assistance where approved life support equipment is used by the residential customer (or another person that lives at the same address as the residential customer). Applications for the Life Support Rebate must be made on the NSW Department of Industry Life Support Application Form found at: https://www.energy.nsw.gov.au/energy-consumers/financial-assistance/rebates/life-support-rebates

Medical Energy Rebate

The Medical Energy Rebate is designed to provide assistance where a residential customer (or a person who lives at the same address as the residential customer) has an inability to self-regulate body temperature and the residential customer holds one of the required concession cards. An inability to self-regulate body temperature may be associated with certain medical conditions. Application for the medical energy rebate must be made through the department of Industry and the application form is found at: https://www.energy.nsw.gov.au/energy-consumers/financial-assistance/rebates/medical-energy-rebate

Family Energy Rebate

The Family Energy Rebate is also aimed at helping families manage their energy bills. It is available to residential customers who receive Commonwealth Governments Family Tax Benefit A or B. Applications must be made using the Department of Industry’s application form found at: https://applications.fer.energy.nsw.gov.au/

Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme

In the event of a crisis or emergency, The Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme is available to help residential energy customers pay their energy bills. The EAPA scheme is administered by the Department of Industry and is aimed at helping customers stay connected to essential energy services. Community Welfare Organisations (CWO’s) apply the EAPA scheme vouchers to eligible customers. If you are referred to a CWO you will be required to take your original bill (that is, the first bill for the current payment period) when you attend the EAPA assessment. For a list of CWO’s please see https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/energy-accounts-payment-assistance-eapa-scheme

If you have been provided with an EAPA voucher to assist in payment of your electricity bill please contact GEE Energy on 1300 707 042 or email at info@gee.com.au and we will provide you a reply paid envelope for you to send the EAPA vouchers to us. The amount shown on any valid EAPA voucher will then be credited off your electricity bill.

During the COVID-19 Pandemic you can also apply directly through MyServiceNSW at https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/energy-accounts-payment-assistance-eapa-scheme or by calling 13 77 88. You will also need to provide a copy of your bill.

Free Quote

Please fill out the form below and one of our team members will get back to you.