- ensure that sales representatives act ethically at all times
- not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising or sales tactics
- educate consumers about their purchase by supplying essential information about the system in writing before entering into a contract. This includes site-specific full system design and an average daily performance estimate for each month of solar generation.
- uphold consumers’ legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds. They will give customers the chance to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund if any changes are made that are not approved in writing (including variations to system design)
- provide a minimum five year warranty covering the operation and performance of the entire solar system
- fully inform customers about the processes involved between system installation and network connection, or facilitate this process on their behalf.
- provide consumers will all required documentation after the system is installed
- adhere to all existing legislation and regulations
- be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including Clean Energy Council-accredited installers/designers
- have a fair and transparent complaints process, and respond to customers within 21days of them making a complaint.